Roast New Potato and Bean Salad Recipe Picture
Recipe Preparation Time
- 20 minutes preparation three
- 40 minutes cooking time
- 225 Kcal per portion
- ing fat per portion of which 1.6g is saturated
- 4 servings
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Small new potatoes 500g
- (1Ib 2oz), washed Garlic 1 fat clove, unpeeled
- Olive oil 4 tbsp
- Runner beans 110g (4oz), trimmed and cut diagonally
- French or green beans 110g (4oz), trimmed and cut into three
- Shelled broad beans 110g (4oz)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cider vinegar 1 tbsp
- Cherry tomatoes 10-12, halved
- Capers 1 tbsp
- Chopped chives a handful
Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 400°17 Gas 6. Put the potatoes and garlic in a roasting tin. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of oil and use your hands to coat the potatoes with oil. Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes, shaking the tin occasionally, until the potatoes are browned and softened.
Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and add the runner beans, French or green beans and broad beans. Bring back to the boil and cook for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Drain, refresh under cold running water, then drain again.
When the potatoes and garlic are cooked, remove from the oven. Squeeze the garlic purée from its skin into a small bowl and mash with salt and pepper. Blend in the vinegar and the remaining oil.
Tip the beans, tomatoes and capers into a large bowl and carefully toss them in the dressing. Add the warm potatoes and mix carefully again. Sprinkle with chives and more seasoning. Serve warm.
- Cook green vegetables in as little water as possible and for the shortest time, to preserve the vitamins.
- To save time, just boil the potatoes for about 25 minutes rather than roasting them. Alternatively, speed up the roasting by parboiling the potatoes for 10 minutes and then roasting for a further 20 minutes.