Quick Minestrone Recipe Picture
Recipe Preparation Time
- 15 minutes preparation time
- 30 minutes cooking time
- 195 Kcal per portion
- 8.5g fat per portion of which 2g is saturated
- 4 servings
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Onion 1, peeled and chopped
- Garlic 1 fat clove, peeled and chopped
- Carrot 1, peeled and diced
- Celery 2 sticks, chopped
- Potato 1. peeled and diced
- Courgette 1 medium to large. trimmed and diced
- Green beans 100g
- (3Vzoz), trimmed and cut into short lengths
- Vegetable stock 1-1.25 litres (1Y-2 pints)
- Mini pasta (conchigliette or similar) 50g (2oz)
- Frozen peas 50g (2oz)
- Tomatoes 2, deseeded and diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley a good handful
- Parmesan cheese freshly grated, 2 tsp per person
Heat the oil in a large, deep, lidded saucepan. Add the onion, garlic, carrot and celery and fry gently for 5 minutes.
Add the potato, courgette and beans and cook for another 5 minutes with the lid on the saucepan.
Pour in 1 litre (l 'A pints) of stock. Bring to the boil for 5 minutes and then add the pasta, part cover and cook for 10 minutes, adding more stock if you like. Tip in the peas and then, after another couple of minutes, add the tomato dice and leave the soup for a further minute.
Season well. Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with lots of parsley and freshly grated Parmesan.